Saturday, August 2, 2014

Health Issue

During my annual physical I learned that I have a heart problem. The extent of the problem has yet to be defined; I see a cardiologist next Tuesday. To say that I'm not concerned would be disingenuous. It's certainly disconcerting to consider one's own mortality. It's not a fear of death that scares me, but the prospect of leaving my wife and daughters behind. Suddenly faced with the realization that our time together is finite has my mind racing.

At this point there is little I can do but wait until I'm given a thorough diagnosis.  It seems that I'm destined for some medical procedure, but I've been lead to believe that I'll be around for a while.  Regardless, I'm now in-tune with the fact that there are only so many days we have this Earth. Every one of them is a precious gift. I need to redefine my priorities to make the most of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment